Light lemon fruitcake
Compatibile with Thermomix TM5 and TM31
- 1 rind lemon
- 4 oz butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (extract) vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ½ cup milk
- For the lemon icing
- 1¼ cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Put into the bowl the lemon rind: 10 sec. speed 9.
- Add butter (softened): 30 sec. speed 5.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract: 30 sec. speed 5.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder and bicarb soda: 20 sec. speed 4.
- Add milk: 30 sec. speed 4.
- Check for a creamy and smooth result and pour the mixture into the pan, lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 320°F for 50 minutes (test with a skewer).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
Prepare the lemon icing
- Mix in a separate bowl the icing sugar and the lemon juice until creamy and smooth.
- Spread the icing all over the cake.